Thursday, 10 November 2016

My New Fish: Round Goby




Finally got around fishing. I got these two cool round gobies Neogobius melanostomus for my biotope aquarium.  It was pretty chilly outside, but we managed to cat these guys.  I've been wanting them for a while.  If you are in US, these are illegal to keep because they are considered invasive species.



Dniester River 



Our First Catch: a nice round goby




His pretty dark






His temporary home, a huge water bottle from a supermarket








 Two round gobies in their bottle )))


 Round goby finally in my aquarium.  The fish upfront is a monkey goby or sand goby.  You can tell the clear difference between these two species




Round goby profile


 Two round gobies in their new home.  They have adopted pretty well.  Started eating only few hours after their capture from the wild



Thinking about their new future in my aquarium))))

















Каштан Фарма



2 comments: