Wednesday, 13 April 2016

Bearded Worm Goby





Has anyone kept this Goby? It seems like a very cool fish. This bearded worm goby (Taenioides cirratus) is related to violet goby (Gobioides broussonnetii), however, he is from India. It grows to 2 feet in length and lives in brackish waters. I guess the care is the same as for a violet goby. I have seen them for sale a few years ago, but I could not get one because I was traveling at that time.









Anyway, it looks like it's the fish to get if you are into gobies or brackish fish in general. These guys are very harmless. The scary teeth are mostly for digging into the sand or mud. Oh, it also appears that these bearded worm gobies are totally blind. I guess they live in pretty murky waters. As for food, I assume they would probably take blood worms or crushed pellets since they appear to be sand shifters.










Oh, and here some pictures of violet gobies for comparison.  As you can see, these guy are probably closely related. But violet goby seems to have larger eyes. 












No comments:

Post a Comment