Saturday, 12 March 2016

My Rabbit Snails





Pretty neat little guys from Sulawesi.  I had 3 different species once when I was living in Kiev. I know you are not suppose to mix them because they can interbreed producing hybrids.  Next time i will definitely keep them in separate tanks.




Tylomelania towutica



Tylomelania patriarchalis


Here is one being cupped by an apple snail.




Huge apple snail, rabbit snail Tylomelania, and cherry shrimps together







My wood or flower shrimp (Atyopsis Moluccensis)




I also had orange rabbit snails, but i can't find any good picture of them.  They actually bred in my fish tank.  They produce live babies which a very cute.  However, it takes over a year for rabbit snails to mature and they only have 1 or 2 babies every few months.  So don't expect a full colony out of 2-3 individuals.  Oh and you will need both sexes.  Unfortunately, there is no way to tell if you have a boy or a girl snail.  So, I advice to get at least 5-6 individuals if you want a nice breeding colony of them.   Anyway,  I hope to get back into rabbit snails as soon as I set up a new tank.  I will be traveling for a few month, so i won't be able to do it for a while




Каштан Фарма



2 comments:

  1. I have bred so they did not know how to get rid of them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. это дорогие улитки. можно продать

      Delete