Thursday, 24 March 2016

More Muscovy Ducks




Took some more pictures of muscovy ducks Cairina moschata here in Hollywood, Florida.  These guys are everywhere.  They are invasive ducks from South  America.  I guess they have escaped from a duck farm or something like that.  They must have pretty good life outhere


Little Female Muskovy Duck



All these ducks are pretty fat.  I am not even sure if they can fly.  They like to pan handle for food from everyone.  I am kind surprised that locals don't eat them.  Seems like they should.  They are kind of cute, but I don't like invasive animals.  I am sure they do a ton of ecological damage




Male duck with his woman)))



Also, does anyone know why muskovy ducks are called that?  They are clearly not from Moscow











No comments:

Post a Comment