Tuesday, 22 December 2015

Florida Killifish




Here some pictures of me trying to collect some fish out local lake in my house in South Florida.


The actual lake



Me netting the fish


My first fish:  Bluefin Killifish (Lucania goodei)

Uknown Fish (chichlid?) Ok, It was pointed out to me that this is Mayaheros urophthalmus or simply Mayan cichlid



Really colorful Florida killifish (might be a male) . Not sure on species.  



Strange bug, probably a nymph of sorts


These might be large mouth bass fry




A very cool Florida crayfish






If anyone knows more about this fish, let me know.  












4 comments:

  1. The larger one you think is a cichlid might be a blue gill or a small mouth bass. Blue Gills get to be 9-10 inches when full grown, a lot of people eat them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's definitely not bluegill or large mouth bass. the last photo might be large mouth bass. i have seen a oscars, peacock bass, and other chichlids in this lake.

      Delete
  2. Did you ever figure out what the bug was? I have seen the same ones in my summer tubs. I am in south Louisiana.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. probably a nymph of some flying bug))

      Delete